Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Plastering up the new sockets

So all of the new sockets and light switches have gone in along with a new consumer board. So now I need to plaster up all the channels and big holes that the electrician had to make to get the new cables in. I guess if I had paid more I could have got someone who did this too but of course this is all about money saving if possible so I am going to try and do this myself. If it doesn't work then I will get a plasterer in!

There are some quite deep channels to fill so to start off with I am filling with a bit more hefty mortar and then I will use a finishing plaster to top it off. I think the difficult thing will be to get it completely flat around the back of the sockets so we'll see how that goes.

Here are a few pics of some of the sockets that need doing and a couple I have started already.

No comments:

Post a Comment