Sunday, December 2, 2012

More work on the Lean-to

So this weekend I worked (with some help) on the Lean-to. We managed to get all the old felt off the roof but unfortunately with cold and wet weather it was not possible to lay the new rubber roof so I have had to put tarpaulin over it for now. Some of the batons holding up the guttering were rotten so they will have to be replaced but the guttering itself seems to be OK.

We also started building the frame to fix to the wall to attach the plasterboard to. So far two walls are done and part of the ceiling, it then needs to be fixed to the walls.

I'm going to have to attempt to put in the new window this week I think - it looks like the weather will be clear so that will help but it will be a bit of trial and error for sure!