Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Garden Wildlife!

So on Monday the sun was out in full force so I thought it best if I worked in the garden. One thing that I have found is that there are heaps of ants nests. All along the paving and even in the lawn there are tons of them. I have doused a load with boiling water and put powder down on some but it seems never ending. Monday seemed to be flying ant day too but I did manage to kill a lot of them off.

One of the massive ants nests in the garden :-(

There also seem to be a huge number of snails in the garden hidden in all of the nooks and crannies and climbing up many of the walls. I don't think these are particularly good for the garden but I am a bit loathe to kill them so I'm not really sure what to do about them. There seem to be a couple of snail breeding houses under some of the paving slabs and this was a bunch that I found that I have yet to decide what to do with!


So last on the wildlife list for Monday was when I was clearing out some of the large number of pots that were in the garden and taking them down to the tip. One did not have any holes in the bottom and so had some water left in it and a little friend in the bottom...

He was relocated to the back of the garden :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment