Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Drop Kerb

Oh yes and so when I spoke to Ipswich Borough Council during the week they said they would send out a form to apply for a drop kerb so that I can have a driveway in front of the house. However, on Friday a man from the council knocked on my door to actually discuss it. He said that there was no problem in having one but he didn't know how much it would cost. He would pass on his recommendation of approval and someone would come round to measure up and give me a quote. One of the approved contractors for doing the drive is the chippie who is doing the doors so that is good to know. I'm still not sure if I will be able to afford it but it is a bit annoying that people park on the verge right in front of my house so it would be pretty useful and a good selling point. There is a house 50 yards down the road for sale, again a 2 bed bungalow but it has extra grounds and a garage and off road parking as well as a conservatory and it is up for £139,950. 

No comments:

Post a Comment